Can I change my IP ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Fran.22

Post by Fran.22 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:08 am
Dear experts,

I am not happy with my IP in relation to my IVA. I am couple months short of 3 years. So far I have paid without failing a single month, plus paid extra lump sums eg bonus, increased wages, etc. Their service is bad and is very clearly that they use the excuse of duty to the court to get every penny possible so that they can get their 15%. I understand nothing is for free, however when I first contacted them they gave a different impression, then when you signed the agreement its all over, if you know what I mean.

My question is can I change IP?

Many thanks

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:06 am
Welcome Fran.22 to the forum. Unfortunately you cannot swap IPs once the iva has commenced.
Have you sought a face to face meeting with your IP (not case worker) to discuss your concerns and to agree a way forward ...I would look to work with them to overcome your concerns as you need to be pulling together to ensure both you and creditors equally receive what is set out in your proposal documents.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:54 am
I echo Luluj's advice --- try to work with them as I am afraid that, unless they leave the industry, you are stuck with them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:34 am
Hi and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I can't write anything different to as above only echo their advice.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”