What does it mean for me if a creditor doesn't agree with terms and arrangements of IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Emma.cl

Post by Emma.cl » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:06 pm
I have been in touch with my iva company to see if everything is going ok with my completion. I have been told that there is an issue with a creditor who doesn't agree with the terms and conditions of the arrangement. The first notice will run out on the 19th of May for them to reveiw.what does this mean for me?

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:17 pm
Was there a minimum dividend to reach or has something changed?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:20 pm
Did this creditor vote at the creditors meeting at the start ? Seems a bit late to be objecting now.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

linrog

Post by linrog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:32 pm
if they did not sort from the start there fault
full final paid over 29/2/16 cc arrived 12/4/16 its all over

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:14 am
I am confused as terms and conditions are standard and cannot be changed by a acreditor at this time. I agree this should have been resolved long ago if a creditor has any issue at all.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:54 am
Hi Emma if a creditor votes against the IVA or a variation to it, as long as there were sufficient other creditors votes supporting the resolutions then that IVA/variation is approved and the dissenting creditor is bound by it whether they like it or not. There can be issues however if a creditor was not aware of the IVA - in those cases they can claim that this was a material omission depending on the level of debt etc but it doesn't sound like that is the case here. I would ask your IP to be more specific and ask what the issue is and why they think it is a problem. It sounds as if perhaps the creditor's claim/interest is perhaps being challenged in readiness for a final dividend?
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”