NRAM say happy to include shortfall in IVA. DFD say it is not included.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

midland blue

Post by midland blue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:45 am
Hiya

I am in an iva with debt free direct which only has a year to run now.
My father has offered to pay up all my remaining paynents for me to complete it early.
In 2013 I surrendered my house back to Nram, they said they knew I was in a iva and that they would be happy to include any shortfall in the existing iva, which had been in place since 2009.
Anyway, I called DFD today to ask about my fathers offer and they said that the shortfall was not in the iva.
It's been two years since the house was sold.
I called Nram today and they said that they are getting paynents but DFD say it's not in the iva.
I also had a loan with Nram so it's possible Nram could be getting it wrong.

What's the best course of action?
Would the shortfall be automatically includes in the iva?
Could they chase me after iva has ended next year??

I have been told in the past by DFD that shortfall was in the iva!
Please help
carefree wherever you may be......

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:59 am
Hi Midland blue,

I would check through your last 2 years statements or documents that you've recieved from NRam, as any payments made would show up on there, and if you don't have these I would call them today, and ask for a breakdown.

If DFD have never sent you any paperwork with regards to Nram nor its Shown up on your annual report or you've recieved nothing further from Nram, then it likely is not goingto be included in your IVA and you would still be liable if their are funds still owing.
I'd make the call to Nram ASAP and discuss what details they have on your record and make a plan to get this dealt with.
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:21 am
It is likely that NRAM are receiving payments due to the unsecured element of the original 'Together' loan. The shortfall would be captured by the IVA but this may cause a breach depending on the size of the new debt, the terms and conditions and any modifications. It may require a variation but you need to speak again to DFD.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”