PPI 4 years after completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:22 pm
We received our completion certificate about jan 2012, after completion in August 2011, today we received a wad of forms fromGT to sign to reclaim the PPI. Surely our account is now closed, the house has been released and we are off insolvency register have been for years. It was never mentioned within the iva so surely our creditors have now written everything off.
ITS OVER WE ARE FINALLY DEBT FREE, CERTIFICATE ARRIVED

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:27 pm
Do GT offer any reason as to why you should sign these forms ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:34 pm
It says they are obliged to investigate any ppi to which our IVA is entitled, it does not say anything about us getting any money, and all letters should be forwarded to Slater Hayward Law

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:56 pm
Interesting dilemma ---- there is currently a High Court Judgement to the effect that PPI realised after the completion certificate is issued is not an asset of the IVA -- but this is about to be appealed.

If you refuse it would be interesting to see what, if any, pressure they could bring to bear.

On the upside, Slater Hayward dealt with my PPI ( which went to the IVA) and I found them to be far more efficient that most of the claims firms mentioned on here.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

marathonman

Post by marathonman » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:26 pm
Makes you wonder at what point your IVA is actually over! What would have happened had you moved home in the mean time? I'm hoping to move home a couple of years after mine is over but surely I can't be expected to send my IVA company a change of address card as well!!

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:33 pm
It is ridiculous, why would my bank or whoever want to pay out a few grand on an account they settled for about 50 % to receive a few bob back, seems ludicrous. I am not signing them anyway, a few are addressed to max recovery, are they going to pay out PPI on an account the bought for few quid and received not much more back, a world gone mad

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:35 am
Bin them. Your IVA is history.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”