Hi I'm a bit bewildered by a letter from GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

suggs

Post by suggs » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:04 pm
Hi I'm a bit bewildered but a letter from GT I recieved today my IVA finished 4 years ago was with Blair Endersby they transferred over to GT and I had to wait 2 years for my completion cert all the time they were trying to get me to change my terms and conditions which i did not do It started off by saying as your supervisor our main purpose is helping you complete your iva then its saying its instructed SHL to handle my ppi claim sorry but i didn't instruct them to do this and they are no longer my iva practitioner

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:16 pm
You are not alone suggs. Look here:

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 209#582244
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 am
Me too,received a big wad yesterday for them to claim mine back, finished in 2011, waited about a year for completion cert. I am very bewildered I think they have a nerve they must have plucked all the ones completed before this PPI started getting like a virus with claims and decided they would make a few quid for the claims company. I am not sending mine back.
ITS OVER WE ARE FINALLY DEBT FREE, CERTIFICATE ARRIVED

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:05 am
The cynic in me thinks they are trying to get in quick before the next judgement goes against retaining PPI for the IVA after completion.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:58 pm
They don't have a leg to stand on and by sending back the documentation you effectively legitimise their request.

If PPI was never part of your IVA, was never referenced etc. GT needs to specifically quote the Act and the section that applies so long after the IVA has been completed and where you have received your CC.

The only way they can enforce this is by taking someone to court.

IP's should be worried because GT are potentially rocking the boat with companies like Max by asking that PPI claims be made against them.

Personally I think this is a last ditch effort by GT to make IVA's financially viable to them and if they can't make it work they will ask IP's who come under their LLP to withdraw.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”