A bit confused that PPI has been sent to me. Is it mine or will I get any of it ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Louisedh9

Post by Louisedh9 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 am
Hi,
I paid my iva off in full 5 years ago, then my original insolvency company went to another I've finally after 5 years I had my closure report, then they were phoning me for permission to claim ppi back. This morning I've received a cheque from lloyds with my ppi claim what happens to the money is it mine or will I get any of it, I'm a bit confused that it's been sent to me. Many thanks Louise xx

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am
Did you sign a deed of Assignment? There's a case going through court for this that hopefully Foggy or someone technical can post.

IPs are saying basically it's a pre iva asset so should go to the IP. The debtor says I have completed so it's mine. No clear cut answer I am afraid.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 am
Have a look here:

http://ivanews.blogs.iva.co.uk/

They have sought leave to appeal, so it is not cut and dried yet.

Assuming you definitely have your completion certificate I would deposit the cheque in a savings account and await the final verdict. If, it is deemed to be part of the old IVA, then it will have to be paid over, if not, it is yours. If you pay it over now, you will never get it back ..... unless the claims companies want to then go up against the IP's to get it back !

It seems that GT for one are trying to get in ahead of any further judgement by pursuing old PPI claims again.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:15 am
If you have signed a deed of assignment then the funds would almost certainly belong to the IVA regardless of the court case. This affected those whose IVAs had completed without a DoA being signed and as the others say is listed for appeal anyway.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”