Creditfix final months!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 am
I'm looking for some advice please. My OH contract will becoming to an end in July, and we have just over 5 months left of our IVA.

I have asked Creditfix if we can ask creditors if they will accept funds paid to date, and bring an end to our IVA.

Creditfix have stated that their resolutions team have said a payment holiday until October 2015 would be more acceptable to creditors, albeit they will seek the opinions of creditors on whether they would be willing to accept payments to date has full and final.
I'm looking for the opinions of members on the above please.

Creditfix have stated if my OH does not secure employment by October, they would then request that creditors accept payments to date as full and final.
Many thanks.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat May 16, 2015 5:43 am
I think that is a sensible approach ... the likelihood is your OH could be back in work relatively quickly as employment opportunities are increasing all the time at the moment.

If come October the situation has not changed at least your creditors will see you have taken steps to make your iva work rather than give up immediately.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 16, 2015 10:15 am
I agree that the approach CreditFix are suggesting seems to be a sensible one and will demonstrate to the creditors your determination to complete the IVA --- then, if an offer of payments made to date has to be made on October, you can at least say to them that you have tried.

Best of luck.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Sat May 16, 2015 8:45 pm
Thanks Luluj and Foggy.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 am
I agree - it sounds like a fair compromise to both sides.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”