Can anyone explain why my husband's total debt has increased ? Very confused. Q

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Hayley.gb

Post by Hayley.gb » Sat May 16, 2015 9:40 pm
We have submitted a full and final offer on our iva, my husband has received paperwork to say he has breached his iva, but it will be dealt with at the same meeting as the f&f?? I called payplan to find out what this means and basically they said Max Recovery had to be added to his Iva? I don't understand how as we declared all of our debt but now my husbands total debt has increased. Very confused, can anyone explain?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm
Only Payplan can explain where this debt from Max Recovery has come from. Incidentally the debt is not MR's originally as they are a company that represents other creditors as well as purchasing debt themselves, so whoever the debt originated from might ring bells. But, you do need to get the full story from Payplan.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun May 17, 2015 6:12 am
Hi

The debt should be covered and included within the IVA even if it was not declared originally, however if it is a significant amount it could lead to a breach of the existing IVA
Do chat with Payplan and ask for full details and an explanation

Regards
Andam Davies
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”