PPI / CF / CLIFFORD WATTS

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon May 18, 2015 11:01 am
Hi guys

Can anyone give me any hints or tips re PPI.

Last September before the transfer to Creditfix I had cause to have a conversation via email about PPI, when I found out that as a matter of course now an investigation is done...no problem. However, my contact said that PJG recommend Clifford Watts.

Its been five months now since our review was due, still not heard a bean from Creditfix so I have done my own review and I'm sending it this week, however, I did want to get the ball rolling with PPI as well because I'm not sure I trust Creditfix to do it.

I did the online application last month on Clifford Watts site and have never heard a thing.

I see from some old comments on here (via a search) that perhaps CW are no longer accepting claims, but I don't know what to do.

Getting quite anxious and scared to be honest, as we are in our final year. 14th June is the 6 month mark to get the house valued etc., and I want the PPI done long before the end of the arrangement which should be 14th December.

What do you think?
Should I try Watts anyway?
Should I wait and just send to CF and let them do it.?

HELP!!!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 18, 2015 11:24 am
I would hound Creditfix for an answer. There is always the chance that if you get your own firm of choice to do it that CF will want it done again with the firm of THEIR choice.

There is also the danger that, if you engage a firm and the refunds are either offset or sent direct to your IP, YOU will end up with the bill for the claims company fees.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:28 am
We were with PJG and had agreed for CW to look into ppi as said by mels team. But then transferred to cf. Not heard a thing from CW for about a year. Emailed them but contact left. Used their online contact form and again nothing. Given up now.
We had out review with CF in April. Report last week said they had indtructed a firm to look into ppi cant remember name. Im just letting them carry on with it there now. Not bothering to contact CW anymore. We were toldnew ppi company will contact us so will wait snd see what they require.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 am
Ooo thanks Foggy, never thought of that re the fees.

Thanks abbiesmum, I was starting to think CW no longer the best choice.

Thank you both of you, I guess I did already know what I needed to do, but this forum always helps and puts things in perspective.

Now to send off my own review and hope they come back to us quickly. I've done the review as though its last December, but also go paperwork ready for up to date May/June just in case.

Quite annoyed that CF have taken so long to get anything done.

xx

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:16 pm
We are with PJG and Clifford Watts were recommended and we filled everything in around 14 months ago. I have emailed Melanie a couple of times to find out what is going on but have not received a reply. Not too worried as I still have at least 2.5 years left but don't want to be going into my final year not knowing what is going on with PPI so will keep on top of it.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”