How do I address the question of how much equity is payable in a full and final offer ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Kadney

Post by Kadney » Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 am
Hi, I am 4 years into a 60 month IVA with payplan and have the usual equity release clause. My question is about offering a F&F before the property valuation is done. I think the first part of the calculation is easy i.e. number of remaining months until month 60 times the current payment amount. Do I then need to ad on the equity to be release amount shown on my original proposal (a relatively small amount) OR do I somehow need to take account of the increase in equity (given I have made a further 4 years mortgage payments) or do I need to assume my mortgage application will be declined and offer a further 12 months payments? Many thanks.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon May 18, 2015 12:33 pm
Hi Kadney I would suggest you seek some valuations now. This will give you an idea of whether there is any equity in your property and will give you a starting point to formulate your offer. I would then take into account any equity figure (if there is any) versus 12 months extra contributions and work out a figure somewhere in-between. Don't forget you can take into account the saving on administration costs etc when arriving at your settlement figure.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon May 18, 2015 12:35 pm
Assuming you have the £5000 de minimis allowance, if there is no equity or very little, you can assume no extension ( but you will need to back this up with figures). If there is an amount you are confident will be in excess of the £5000 then it is usual to add on 12 payments, on the assumption that the 12 month extension would be applied come the named hour.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”