Debt free direct left my biggest creditor out of IVA. Need to know who to complain to.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Terena

Post by Terena » Tue May 19, 2015 3:49 am
Debt free direct messed up while setting up my iva leaving my biggest creditor out of the iva leaving me with a charge against my home so where the iva should have been for 31000 only 16000 was actually put in equity in finance who works along side have so far claimed back over 21000 in ppi as well as my monthly payments I have paid over a 4 year period I have written and phoned numerous times and nobody is listening it should be done by now they informed me it runs till2018 at my wits end need to know who to complain to thanks

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 am
It sounds like you are in a 7 year arrangement especially if NRAM hold your mortgage.

If they have excluded a creditor complain directly to them, then try the Insolvency Service otherwise seek legal advice.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue May 19, 2015 8:05 am
A little perplexed that at the proposal stage this was not noticed when checking and signing the paperwork ... have you gone back through and made 100% sure they were not included ?

If not then your complaint needs to be addressed by DFD direct and they will need to approach the creditors to agree way forward for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 19, 2015 8:20 am
As luluj says, check your paperwork as you would have noticed when signing. Is the creditor making this claim to have been left out ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue May 19, 2015 9:53 am
It sounds to me that a creditor got a charging order against your property around the time of the IVA. This would explain your debts reducing and the secured charge now against your property.

There will have been an allowance on the I&E for the charge to be paid going forward and if all the unsecured creditors have now been paid you can concentrate on clearing this.

You really need to speak to DFD for clarification.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Tue May 19, 2015 11:07 am
Hi Terena,
Please drop me an email (address is in my profile), with all your contact details and I will get in touch to discuss your issue further.
Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Regards,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”