IVA and PPI

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Bernadette.r

Post by Bernadette.r » Tue May 19, 2015 9:35 am
We have recently been awarded £20,000 as repayment of PPI and as we have an IVA with Grant Thornton( we have only had it for a year so far) the money was sent straight to them. We pay £153 per month for 6 years to them. Should this PPI money be going straight to our creditors? When I have tried to broach the subject with Grant Thornton, they keep saying"just forget about the PPI and I just do not understand what they are saying. This is especially galling as we are having financial difficulties and finding it hard to meet the payment along with all our other expenses( we have 6 year old twins, I have severe mental health problems so can't work and my partner is retired. I have filled in a "change of circumstances" pack but GT simply say we are overspending. But what grates all the time is that £20,000 which should be helping our creditors to see things in a slightly different light? Or am I being naive?

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue May 19, 2015 10:24 am
The PPI is an asset of the IVA and will go to creditors. However if you are struggling creditors may agree to an early settlement based on funds to date or at the very least remove the 6th year extension. Have a word with your local CAB and ask them to do a new I&E for you. Many CABs refer cases girectly to GT so they may have a bit of pull.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am
More advice on your other thread, Bernadette. If you wish to post the allowances GT have agreed we can comment further.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”