Variation meeting

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Kerry.r

Post by Kerry.r » Wed May 20, 2015 8:12 am
Hi everyone,

I hope you are well.

So I should have made my 5th Payment this month, but have hit a bump!

My ex has quit his job and is not paying child support, great! I have notified StepChange and sent them the required evidence from the CSA.

They have said I need to review my budget, which I have and after already making allowances for losing child benefit, I don't feel I can reduce my outgoings any further, so have requested a variation meeting to reduce my payments but the amount of the child support.

This month they have suspended the payment which is helpful, but I asked if I could pay the reduced amount, this didn't seem to be possible! Crazy!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Were they able to get your payments varied quickly? Is there anything I should be doing?

I sent the documents on Monday, not heard back yet and am getting twitchy, so funny when I was setting it up how quick they were to push things though!

Thanks,
Kerry

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 20, 2015 8:18 am
There is a slight difference in the statutory provisions in that creditors need only be given 16 days notice of the initial creditors meeting, but have to be given 28 days notice of a variation meeting.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Kerry.r

Post by Kerry.r » Wed May 20, 2015 6:22 pm
Thanks Foggy, I will wait a bit before chasing then :)
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”