What will happen if I can't pay redundancy money to IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Sue.60

Post by Sue.60 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 pm
Hi I am currently in the final of an IVA and was recently made redundant. I didn't even consider the fact that my redundancy payout would be taken as a windfall payment and now my IVA company have asked for approximately half of my redundancy pay to be given to them to pay of my creditors. I just said OK but I am not able to pay them this as I lent some to my daughters one for a wedding and one as a deposit for her mortgage. I have spoken to both of them and they are going to try and raise the money to pay the money back but no idea how. What will happen if I can't get the money I should talk to my IVA company but am really worried about doing this. Can you advise me please.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed May 20, 2015 2:20 pm
Hi

Usually your IVA company will agree to you increasing the term of your IVA to cover any shortfall

Don't be afraid to talk to them and agree a way forward, they will help you

If you ignore their request then ultimately your IVA could fail

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 20, 2015 2:33 pm
As Andy advises: It is good to talk. Have an honest chat and explain your oversight. Suggest paying back the amount in a short extension to the IVA.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu May 21, 2015 3:23 pm
You need to be open with your Supervisor as Andy and Foggy state. Hopefully they will use their discretion to allow you to repay the monies over a period of time, extending your IVA if necessary. Good luck.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”