Hi, I have a question regarding a second PPI request from GT

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Cleo

Post by Cleo » Fri May 22, 2015 1:21 am
Hi, I have a question regarding a second PPI request from Grant Thorton. We are nearing the end of IVA, the last payment is in July, we have generated £10,000 of PPI money which was done through a company GT had chosen, and the process took 3 years. We have just received a letter from GT requesting us to agree to go through another PPI check with a different company because apparently the law has changed and they must make sure it was checked throughly the first time around. None of this makes sense, they've already got the many, we dont undestand whats the point as there's no more money to claim. Can we not agree to this? And if we do agree, will this delay our closure process?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 22, 2015 7:45 am
There hasn't been a change in law, as such, but a further ruling from the F.O who believe that earlier claims are still being refused incorrectly or, if accepted, are being underpaid.

I would ask GT if they have any process in place to minimise any delay.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Fri May 22, 2015 12:26 pm
Hi Cleo, I am with GT too and I have just been requested to go through another PPI claim with SHL. But the last claim that GT did came to nothing unlike yours.

I have emailed GT to find out why I am being asked to go through another claim but they haven't responded yet.....
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”