If I am successful in getting a remortgage, I am worried that it will be for a longer term.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Geoff.ww

Post by Geoff.ww » Wed May 27, 2015 3:14 pm
thanks for all the advise . my iva when set up was for £90000 and i am paying back £282 per month . The worry is i get a re mortgage as i would be better off paying the extra year . IF i do get the re mortgage can i be made to make it be over a longer term than my present one their for increasing the amount i need to borrow .

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed May 27, 2015 3:21 pm
At this point I am not aware of anyone who has managed a remortgage whilst in an IVA and when they get to month 54.

If your agreement allows for a secured loan that might be different.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed May 27, 2015 3:25 pm
The terms of any remortgage will be written into the proposal so check what you are required to do. Lifenoteasy is correct in that mortgages for those in IVAs are almost impossible to get but this could change in time. It is unlikely that a remortgage is possible but a small secured loan may be an option rather than the extension.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 pm
Hi Geoff, all the terms, limitations and ceilings should be laid out in your proposal or conditions attached to them.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”