How can my friend get his CC if he has never sent back any expenditure review paperwork ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

tiva

Post by tiva » Fri May 29, 2015 4:11 pm
I am genuinely worried about a friend of mine!

We were both in IVA's, I actually told him about the process years ago and he started his after me...but I had a 6 year IVA and he had 5 years.

Thing is, I am with DFD and he is with Grant Thornton.

Now, with DFD, I sent back my yearly reviews every year on time and got it all squared away.

He has never ever sent anything back, his IVA finished about 6 months ago and he was again asked for a expenditure report etc, but again he did nothing.

Now for his whole IVA he was chased a couple of times, and then its as if GT just put it through anyway so he carried on as normal.

He has phoned them a few times and they said again its all sorted and his file is now off with the closure team and to expect his CC within the next couple of months.

Now to me, it seems he is either being very very fortunate, or they are not telling him the truth.

How can the closure team close his file and get his CC if he has never sent back any expenditure review paperwork?

I am afraid he is going to get a letter soon saying his IVA has defaulted and he will have to start all over again from scratch.

I have tried to tell him to at least do it now! But, as his wages have gone up dramatically over the past 5 years he realises he will owe a lot of money back, so is burying his head in the sand again and hoping for the best.

I know most, if not all on here will condemn his actions, I have too, but does he stand any hope whatsoever of his IVA finishing?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri May 29, 2015 4:25 pm
It is a possibility it goes through but at the same time it may work out as you have stated.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 6:24 pm
I would imagine, as the closure team do a review " from scratch" his errant ways will finally come to light and there will be consequences.

If GT accept that they are complicit in the ongoing omissions ( which I doubt ) they might be amenable to finding a way forward.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

tiva

Post by tiva » Fri May 29, 2015 6:52 pm
Thats something I did consider which may save him, if GT have been forgiving enough to allow him to never send anything back...they may just "brush over it" again and sign it off.

I know DFD would never have done that, if I was a couple of weeks late sending it back I was getting calls and emails haha. They certainly kept me on my toes.

I hope for his sake that he gets lucky, otherwise he is going to be in a whole heap of trouble.

I guess we will soon find out...
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”