I have just had my IVA terminated due to non compliance due to no fault of mine.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Andydc2

Post by Andydc2 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm
I have just had my iva terminated due to non compliance this is no fault of my own and is mainly down to a break up of my relationship I have asked several times about what I need to do and that I realised the importance of keeping up regular payments I have had no response and therefore kept payments in a separate account ready to transfer over once I had a response.

I need to no what can I do know because due to non reply and some of my own ignorance I have no idea of my next course of action.

I WOULD LIKE TO STATE THAT I HAVE ALWAYS CONTACTED MY IVA PROVIDER ON EVERY OCCASSION THAT I HAVE HAD CONTACT

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri May 29, 2015 7:25 pm
If the notice of failure has been issued there is little you can do now. A complaint against your IP might, if the regulators agree with the complaint, mean some disciplinary action, but will not change the outcome.

The bottom line is that payments should have been made or a payment break agreed before stopping them.

If the notice has not been issued you need to speak to your IP immediately, by phone. You cannot afford to wait for replies to letters or emails.

Which firm is dealing with your IVA?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri May 29, 2015 8:05 pm
Non compliance can mean many things but so long as they have had the cash each week/month it is resolvable.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”