Thanks to Zebra Money

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:09 am
Back in April 2009 after several months my IVA was finally sorted. I'd found my IP (via this forum) who had been superb, but 6 years seemed such a long time away.

Fast forward to April 2015, I'd got married, had a child and my F&F offer was accepted in 2013. Now it was time after some hard saving and the 6 year IVA anniversary to look to buy a property.

The post IVA mortgage application process seemed so difficult. So after some research and reading the feedback on this forum I decided to use Zebra Money as my Mortgage Broker. Like the selection of my IP company it turned out to be another good decision. The advice and support from Ryan, with everything from cleaning up my credit report to the application process was superb.

I am 100% sure had we not used Zebra, we would not have completed the purchase of our house on Friday 12th June. Likewise, the product we were accepted for was with a high street lender and we were offered the same rate as non IVA borrowers.
Last edited by Adam16 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
50 months down 22 to go!

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 am
Hi Adam, nice post and useful feedback for others who use the site. Thank you.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:28 am
Hi Adam. Great post. It is always heartening to here the success stories :-)

Enjoy your new home .
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sponge

Post by sponge » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm
It's all for the good..On the mortgage application were you asked if you had ever entered agreement with your creditors or been in IVA etc and if so how did you answer it? I won't ask which high st lender unless you want to say!

Hello foggy good to see your here, has your six year thingy now past?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:08 pm
Hi Sponge. No, my 6 year milestone is a little way off yet, so I am just marking time, but enjoying what's mine staying mine :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:13 am
Great to read your feedback and good to see you now enjoying your own home
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam16

Post by Adam16 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13 am
Thank you for your kind comments. I certainly consider that my IVA was the correct decision. But like everything it very much depends on your situation.

To answer a number of questions raised:
- Yes my IVA was disclosed as part of the application process and before I sought mortgage advice I knew this would our limit choice. It's not something I can change now!
- Regarding our product, I think it would be inappropriate to state this as people may interpret that it is the correct product for their situation.

I did speak to the mortgage broker linked to my estate agent, but I wasn't reassured that they understood the situation and the last thing we needed was multiple failed applications. Hence I went for Zebra Money as I was re-assured they understood the post IVA situation and I was hopeful they would get it right first time (Which they did!)
Last edited by Adam16 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
50 months down 22 to go!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”