TENANCY CREDIT SEARCH

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:02 am
Hi all
Does anyone know how far a tenancy credit search by let alliance goes back?
There is specifically a question if you have ever been bankrupt or in an iva?
Our iva completed in 2013. We are off the insolvency register & our files are clean.
Is there access to info on the insolvency register for past iva info?
speedy answers would be appreciated!! I've got forms to fill in today to move to another rented property. This will be our first move since before we got into the iva. I but don't want to declare past iva- don't see why I should, we've been free for two years!
Many thanks!!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 am
bumping this up for you as I do not know the answer I'm afraid.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:31 am
They should only see records going back six years. The only possible mention of the IVA on file might be a Notice of Correction ( have you checked all three agencies files yourself?) assuming the IVA started over 6 years ago.

Other than that it is down to your conscience how you answer that question. It's not a mortgage application :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:45 am
Thanks foggy #128512;

I've got access to all 3 credit files & know they are clean. I cleaned them up! & everything dropped off in 2014.

We did go through a mortgage application last summer tho with ryan Radford . (It didn't work out for us tho #128554;) I m sure a credit search application wouldn't dig deeper & snoop into a mortgage application tho ? Would they? I'm being paranoid.
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”