Ease or difficulty of getting a mortgage ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Natasha.h

Post by Natasha.h » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:45 pm
I'm still in my IVA at the moment but looking around at how easy (or difficult!) it will be for me to get a mortgage. On Nationwide's mortgage application form, it asks "have you entered into a voluntary arrangement with a creditor in the last 6 years."

Does this mean the date the IVA started or any part of the IVA at all? As if it's all, this would mean you have to wait a further 6 years after the 6 years the IVA is on your credit file (5 paying years, 1 year then removal).

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:30 pm
Once six years have elapsed from the date the IVA was approved it should be easier to get a mortgage. Speak to a whole of market broker at the time.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:19 pm
On the wording of that specific question ... when did you ENTER the IVA ? I would take it that, after the IVA had gone from my records ( 6 years from the start) I could honestly answer that I hadn't entered into an IVA withing the last 6 years.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:46 pm
Use a broker such as Ryan or Shaun ..they will advise you what to do in these circumstances. Their contact details csn be found under ask the expert section.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

hubert

Post by hubert » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:37 pm
Definitely the date you entered the IVA originally. So if your IVA finished, dropped off your credit file along with defaults, you were off the insolvency register then I think you'd be in the clear.

What a great question. So much nicer than "have you EVER entered into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors".
One pay-cheque away from oblivion!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”