I am looking for a way out or is this not possible given my circumstances ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Robert.c

Post by Robert.c » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:47 am
I have had to pay the morgage and secured loan since my wife left two and a half years ago as well as the iva the house has been up for sale but there is not enough equity to pay all this off I have had an offer which would pay the morgage and secured loan off and I would be left with fifteen thousand which would go towards the iva I would then move in with my new partner would I still have to pay a monthly payment I also have a final salary pension is it possible for me to pay this off outright the original debt was for forty thousand I am about four years in to this arrangement I am looking for away out or is this not possible

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 am
Speak to your IVA company - a really decent one will help you possibly make a full and final offer to your creditors based on the circumstances you have identified.

Good luck
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 am
As lifenoteasy says, have a chat with your IP to see if there is anything they can do to help.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 am
Once the sale completes it is likely that your surplus income will increase as you will not have a mortgage, secured loan and all the other costs associated with running a house.

If you put an offer forward based on the sale then make sure it is a full and final otherwise there is no incentive for you to do so. You could rent the property out or keep making the payments for the remainder of the term and sell the property afterwards. If you are thinking of retiring then this would wipe out any surplus but again make sure your offer is accepted before you draw any funds down.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”