Reclaiming packaged bank account fees

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

nelly74

Post by nelly74 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:03 am
I completed my IVA in Feb with a F & F (CC received April). I am now contemplating reclaiming my 10 years of packaged bank account fees.

Has anyone successfully done this post IVA?

Indeed is the bank allowed to offset any reclaim against the monies owed in the IVA? (Bank was in my IVA for O/D)

Or would the monies be due to the IP the same as PPI?

Any help/ideas ?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:17 am
Hi. If the bank was one that liked to offset PPI they might well try again. The monies are due to the IVA in the same way as PPI, but I doubt the amount would be sufficient to warrant re-opening your files.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am
Agree with Foggy.

If you had had your CC issued 3 years ago there may be a different response especially given the way that some IVA companies are reviewing old claims.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

nelly74

Post by nelly74 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:23 am
Realistically it's probably circa £1500 including the interest due (not an insignificant amount). Now that the IVA is closed any monies outstanding have been written off and the bank will have offset said losses, so technically nothing to offset against? IP's not yet looking at reclaiming the fees is something that will come so no precedents set anywhere I can find. I'll give it a go and let people know the outcome. Thanks.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 am
Cleardebt has already started looking at this so there is a precedent plus I think this forms part of any review taking place by GT.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

nelly74

Post by nelly74 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by lifenoteasy

Cleardebt has already started looking at this so there is a precedent plus I think this forms part of any review taking place by GT.
Thanks lifenoteasy, I couldn't find anything so that's useful to know. Can't hurt to try as it's only gonna cost me a stamp. My thoughts are if the IP hasn't asked and I have my CC it should be mine. Wishful thinking maybe?#128522;

Downwardi

Post by Downwardi » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:17 pm
Hi
Just heard an advert for this.
I got a packaged bank account just before going into the Iva with a bank I had no debts with.
Now my Iva is complete with creditplus. Can I Reclaim the charges? I signed something to say about any ppi claims but dont remember it mentioning reclaimed packaged bank accounts

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:17 pm
Some assignments were worded to be a bit wider than PPI by including "other refunds of this nature", regardless it would still fall under the umbrella of "after acquired assets" and be payable. However, as mentioned above, the sums involved would probably not tempt an IP to re-open the file.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Downwardi

Post by Downwardi » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:43 pm
By the sounds of it they will deduct claims made during the period so the payout if any would be a few hundred I reckon.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:48 pm
It also depends on when the packaged account was taken out - I contacted one firm and because the account was taken out in 2008 they wouldn't touch me as they said it was too old.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”