Payments completed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:36 pm
after 6 years and now 72 payments done and dusted I am extremely happy to say that's my IVA completed.

However, Grant Thornton have told me 6 months to wait for my CC....

Second PPI claim forms signed three weeks ago, so I hope this won't hold up anything up.

Very happy though to get this far [:)]
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:40 pm
Congratulations.

That is standard for GT but you may have to push them.

You can bear this is mind:

The following is from the 2014 Annual Review of Insolvency Practitioner Regulation that was publihed in March 2015 and which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2014.pdf:

"Around 40% of the complaints to the Gateway relate to Individual Voluntary
Arrangements (IVAs) and, in particular, delays in arrangements being concluded due
to enquiries into possible Payment Protection Insurance recoveries. Given these concerns, we agreed with the authorising bodies that where the delay in closing the IVA exceeds 6 months from the debtor’s final payment, the RPBs will consider whether disciplinary action is appropriate in relation to these complaints. We will keep the situation under review through our monitoring activities."

It does not mean that a complaint will be considered but 1) does allow for the possibility of a complaint and 2) it recognises that PPI should not necessarily be a reason to stop a completion certificate being issued. - See more at: http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 588#585202 - See more at: http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?wh ... 581#587478
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

longroad2freedom

Post by longroad2freedom » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:43 pm
Very well done bombshell :)

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:55 pm
Thank you guys....

I have sent GT an email this morning and asked them to clarify where my case is currently sitting and I will continue to chase them just so that I know where I am in their queue....
IVA commenced April 2009 and completion certificate issued on the 25th August 2015..

PPI still on-going

I'm there....

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:58 pm
Keep at them Bombshell -- they start their countdown when the file reaches the closures department -- it might be a very long corridor as this alone sometimes takes a couple of months !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:01 pm
GT house - turn right out of the Euston main exit, walk past the All Bar One and you are basically there if you need to find that corridor.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:06 pm
Well done and good luck for the future. Grind them down until they are fed up with you pestering them!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

hwima

Post by hwima » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:31 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by bombshell

after 6 years and now 72 payments done and dusted I am extremely happy to say that's my IVA completed.

However, Grant Thornton have told me 6 months to wait for my CC....

Second PPI claim forms signed three weeks ago, so I hope this won't hold up anything up.

Very happy though to get this far [:)]
Hi bombshell

Congrats on making the final payment. I also received the PPI forms from the new claims firm three weeks ago and some creditors have started responding already which is good for a start. Have a quick question - Have GT requested a final review of I&E if indeed there is such a thing?
*IVA started Sept 2010
*Last Payment Taken August 2015
*Completion Certificate Issued November 2015

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 pm
Great news ..well done. Hopefully won't be long before your certificate arrives
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

bombshell

Post by bombshell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm
Thank you guys and yea I will be contacting them regularly encase they forget about me.

Hwima.... GT have confirmed that my last annual I&E was my last one. They published this on my IP annual report which I received a couple of weeks ago.

[:)]

PPI still on-going

I'm there....
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”