PPI after completion

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

VinceKay

Post by VinceKay » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:06 am
Hi all, I've already completed my IVA and got my completion certificate which was delayed by PPI claims for a few years anyway. Now, I've just received a check in the post in my name for PPI and was wondering what I should do. The claim was filed while still on IVA but has taken this long to release the funds.

Should I send this to my IP or keep it?

Many thanks! x

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:25 am
It is down to your conscience in the end. As things currently stand it is an asset of the IVA and should be paid in, or at least offered. An ongoing court case might change this, in time.

Your IP might think it is not worth re-opening the file.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:49 am
I would say a combination of conscious, who you were with and the amount involved.

Anything under £2k I'm not sure that I would say anything.

Anything over £5k I probably would tell the IVA company but it is all academic for me as PPI has never been a major factor because I knew that I could never benefit from it.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”