If you are unsure of anything ask the forum experts for advice and ask your chosen IP to clarify.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:02 pm
Warning to anyone considering an IVA...

If you are thinking about an IVA but have not yet finalised it, please, please ensure you fully understand what this will mean for you. I am constantly reading posts on this forum from people already in IVAs who did not realise they may have to extend or remortgage for any equity, or did not realise any windfall from Great Granny Smith will fall into the IVA etc. Your IP should have discussed all of this in detail with you before you sign on the dotted line. If you are unsure of anything ask the experts on this forum for advice and ask your chosen IP to clarify.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:57 pm
I echo and underline this and I have posted similar pleas several times.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 pm
I agree Lisa x
I feel so well informed and prepared because the time we took to sort it out and the input we had from Mel before going ahead. We spoke to seversl companys/teams but Mel was the best. Sadly we have been transferred but I will be forever grateful for the foundations she laid for us.
There are the odd little things that im not sure where we stand-such as the new car situation but this forum is a godsend. So much expertise and knowledge and no judgement. However I agree for the more case specific querys, speaking direct with IP should be advised-although id be tempted to test the water here first!!!!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:21 pm
I would add .....

When deciding on a firm ask if you can speak to the IP themselves whenever needed and, if you are a home owner ask for a written example of how they will calculate equity come the appointed time, so there are no surprises.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:28 pm
Totally agree ..spending an extra couple of weeks establishing the facts and reassurrance will help the term of your iva go alot smoother.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”