IVA with GT finished 2014 and was bluntly told recently I wouldn't be getting discharge papers.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Olive.h

Post by Olive.h » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 pm
myiva with grant thornton finished in 2014 may i have rung them to find out what happens next 15 months later i still dont know what is happening i have sent the documents they require and when i spoke to them friday last theysaid they havent got documents and was bluntly told i wouldnt be getting my discharge papers can u help i have never missed a payment during the five years and done what they have asked and i just keep being told someone will be in touch what can we do now

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 am
Hi and welcome

You need to write to your Insolvency Practitioner and send recorded delivery
Find out exactly what is outstanding and then send any documents back in, once you have done this there should be no reason why your completion certificate can't be issued

Regards
Andam Davies

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:04 am
With gt its whoever shouts the loudest gets dealt with first.

Make yourself a total nuisance.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:50 am
Hi Olive - send them a letter by recorded deliver per Andy's suggestion. Explain that you made your final payment 18 months ago, you sent them the information requested on xx (and how it was sent). Send another copy of it and explain that you want to know why there has been a delay with the closure and when they expect to send you your CC. Mention that you will be making a formal complaint if you do not receive a satisfactory response.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:58 am
Given the timescales I'd escalate things to a formal complaint now. Disgusting behaviour once again by a massive firm that makes a great deal of money out of peoples dire circumstances.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”