I do not now what to do or who to turn to. Letters, emails and phone calls have been ignored

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

John.k

Post by John.k » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:04 pm
I entered into an IVA in 2011 with a company then called Premier Solutions. I agreed to pay £300.00 per month for 3 yrs and then make a final payment of £35K. Two years into this my mother passed away and left me some money. I contacted Premier Solutions who had since renamed as Nicola Francis & Associates and advised them of the windfall. They immediately insisted in receiving all of the funds. My mothers solicitor did not agree and was not an expert in this field. She did however agree to pay them £100K which was over and above the monies required to clear my creditors. During the term of the IVA in the beginning communication with the administrators were ok to a point. However after receiving the monies I have not from them despite my continuous emails, letters and telephone calls all of which have been ignored.
I do not know what to do or who to turn to as I have also looked on line for the company and they are still advertising with a telephone number that is not theirs. Can you please advise what I can do now as I am still not sure if all creditors have been paid and have not received any monies back from the £100K provided.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:08 pm
Hi and welcome

How much were your total original debts when you first entered into your IVA ?

Regards
Andam Davies

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:04 am
Ask for a copy of the complaints procedure and an up to date receipts and payments account. You can then decide what to do next.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 am
Hi

Sorry but if this is the same person you may need to take legal advice:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ie-francis

Their licence appears to have been suspended for 18 months in the public interest.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:06 am
Any money paid into IVAs is insured so even if money has gone missing then you will not be out of pocket. I agree with Lifenoteasy that you need advice and perhaps the regulators would be a good place to start.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

John.k

Post by John.k » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:19 pm
Thankyou all for your advice, lifes not easy, yes it is that Nicola francis as a result of what you told me I have discovered that all of her work was taken from her and handed to a company in London called Griffins. I was in debt for £62.000 but I gave her £100.000 and paid £300 a month to her company for 3 and a half years. She has never been in touch with me. I have spoken to Griffins and they say my debtors were paid thank god, but her paper work is a mess and it is going to take time to sort it all out. But I hope as Michael said that she should be insured. Many thanks to you all for your advice. John.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:24 pm
I hope that you can get it all sorted and it sounds like you are in good hands now given the speed of the response.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:27 pm
Best of luck from me too and glad it seems to be being dealt with.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”