DFD completion certificate

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

midland blue

Post by midland blue » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:48 pm
Hiya all
For the last 5 years I have been in an iva with DFD, for the most part they have been ok.

However I have read some horror stories on here about how they drag there feet sending you your certificate of completion.
So as I have just made my last Payment I am going to do a real time experiment on here so you can all see just how long it takes to get a CC out of DFD.

Now I have completed all of my ppi and they say there's nothing left to do but "sort the paperwork".
When I phoned them PRIOR to making my last payment they told me between 6-8 weeks.
After making the payment they changed there tune and now say 8-16 weeks.

So I will keep you all posted with how long it takes for them to issue the all important CC!!
carefree wherever you may be......

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:28 pm
Hi Midland blue
we are in the same position as you as you say DFD have been great with us up to now we paid a f&f 10 th june i asked them what now told it would go straight to closures 7 we would have our CC in six weeks I rang them up after 4 weeks to check on progress to be told that our case had not been passed over as yet but they would mark it as urgent also was told at the same time that it takes between 8 to 12 weeks to complete but they would call me with a update thursday & guess what no call so i called them only to be told no one had as yet been put on our case in the closure team but they would now mark it as a priority but was also told the info given about the length of time to issue our CC was incorrect should have been told it can take anything up to 6 months to issue but they will call me in a couple of weeks with an update. Evette from DFD on here asked me to e-mail her with my contact details so she can discuss our case with us as of yet not had a reply[:(!]

midland blue

Post by midland blue » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:24 pm
To be honest I wouldn't be emailing anyone, you need to speak to them over the phone.
But even then let's face it, it's easy to just fob people off, because there in the driving seat here, and they know it.
It should take a maximum of 6 weeks to get your CC, all they have to do is send the funds to creditors and then let the courts know that the iva was successfull and any unpaid debts discharged by the court.
Then they just send a certificate to you.
You can't tell me there's 6 weeks work there never mind 6 months.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:53 pm
There are some people who have been waiting a lot longer than 6 months for a completion letter.

Should not happen so people need to keep badgering the companies to send them the letter.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

midland blue

Post by midland blue » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:53 pm
I just think that they have made a lot of money out of me over the last 5 years, the least they should do is close it as expeditiously as possible once you've made that last payment.
Because you can't do a credit clean up or even get taken off the insolvency register until you get your CC.

Well this is week one so let's see how it goes.

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:24 am
I will be watching with baited breath for your post this week hope it goes well for you then if you get success i can use you as a reference for our case.

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:37 am
hiya there my cc took 17 months to arrive in the end I got so fed up I did threaten legal action or complaint and kept bugging them every couple of weeks . as you have all said they were good while you were paying but once you get to the end and know money being paid you are just of know use to them I felt I would not recommend the iDFD TO ANY ONE......[}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:09 am
Bear in mind as well that even when you get that letter you can remain on the register for up to three months. Some people (and I was one of them) came off within a week, others have to wait the whole time. Also remember that the IVA won't drop off your record until the full six years is up - it will be notified as satisfied though.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

fisherman

Post by fisherman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 am
Yes i will have to wait for a year for it to come off our record as paid with a F&F early just need CC to show we have satisfed our obligations to the Iva & get peace of mind at last

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:38 pm
Sometimes it is he who shouts loudest so do keep badgering them. Fingers crossed it won't be long before it's received.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:58 am
Dear midland blue,

Please contact me directly via the email address in my profile. This will allow me to discuss your issue in further depth.

Regards,
Evette Everest
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”