Is that the finish line in sight ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 am
Could it be that I can see the finish line is in sight after a relatively short journey ? With the help of relatives we paid our lump sum IVA payment a few months back but the IP firm have been unable to pass the IVA to closures department because one of the creditors had not sent a final statement of amount owing (HMRC), it has taken. HMRC 4-5 months to get to the finally statement and finally yesterday after my weekly chaser call they confirmed they now have the final statement of account and will email it to my IP.

Oohhhhh - so now it's juts the closing process, I have read many stories on here of differing firms taking varying (read as insanely long) amounts of time to do this final process.

I'm optimistic McCambridge Duffy will be efficient and rapid in this process as they have been to date with everything else.[:)] I hope so as it would be a sterling advert for them from start to finish.[8D]

I will keep you updated
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:52 am
That's good news then! Thankfully you are with a good firm so it probably won't take too long!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:05 am
Great news - you should be totally free soon!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 am
Shouldn't be too long -- yes, HMRC do march to the beat of their own drum !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 am
Sorry about the delay but this should now let us move to closure. I know HMRC have been hit hard by cuts and staff shortages so they can have a bit of a backlog. New proposals are likely priority over claims for older ones but glad all sorted now.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Michael Peoples

Sorry about the delay but this should now let us move to closure. I know HMRC have been hit hard by cuts and staff shortages so they can have a bit of a backlog. New proposals are likely priority over claims for older ones but glad all sorted now.
I Michael,

Just to confirm, I am in no way associating the delay to McCD, completely accept it's not possible to move to closure stage until each creditor supplies required details.

I struggle to sympathise with HMRC taking a third of a year to confirm account status, they can be quick enough when they want money [:D]
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:06 am
Too true!
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”