I am not going to meet the minimum dividend and at a loss as to what to do

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Limon

Post by Limon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:38 am
I'm reaching the end of my five year term. For various reasons (poor property valuations for one) I'm not going to meet the minimum dividend. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Should I take independent advice on my position and if so who is best to approach ?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:47 am
Speak to your IVA company first and get them to explain what the issues might be.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:24 am
The best person to discuss this with is your IP -- if the dividend falls short through no fault of yours the might well ask the creditors to remove the minimum dividend requirement.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:37 am
I assume there are more than one property. If this is the case and the properties did not realise what was anticipated then creditors should waive the minimum dividend requirement. It is risky to agree to a minimum dividend at the best of times but especially when there are assets to be disposed of.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:27 am
Hi

A creditors meeting to accept the actual dividend produced should not be a major issue

Speak to your IP and try not to worry, worse case scenario could be an extension of your IVA

Regards
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”