Do I have to join my husband in an IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Louisedw89

Post by Louisedw89 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:42 pm
Do I have to join my husband in an IVA...He has 80k debt I have 30k

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm
Not if you do not wish to. Remember, if you have any joint debts, even though they are in his IVA, you will still be responsible for making the regular payments.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm
Hi and welcome.

Can you afford to pay your own debts? If not then an interlocking IVA might be the way forward for you.

Have a word with an expert. Andy Davie/Vincent Bond are a good firm and details can be found under the expert section.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:48 pm
No you don't but sometimes if you have an interlocking IVA it reduces the tensions as you are both dealing with the same thing in the same way (my partner and I did it for that reason).

Your husband also needs to be careful which IVA company he uses in case they take total household income into account - you could find you are dragged into it anyway.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:45 pm
Hi

If you can make your contractual payments from your share of the joint disposable income then there should be no need for you to enter into any debt solution, however if you can't then you may need to consider your options

Speak to several companies before deciding

Regards
Andam Davies
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”