Refused two positions as my IVA is showing as current despite it having finished March 2015.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Marie.p

Post by Marie.p » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:05 pm
My husband and I finished our iva on the 31st March 2015 after 6 years. We received a copy of the final papers sent to our creditors confirming we have complied. But DFD are still chasing us to sign the variation in terms form. We have taken both financial and legal advice and do not want to sign. We do have the right. It's all to do with PPI which we have never ever had. My daughter has serious health issues and I need to reduce my hours and go part time. I have applied for two jobs but have been refused both positions as my IVA is still showing as current and both offers have been withdrawn. My daughter needs me to help with her childcare and DFD are stopping me

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:31 am
Hi and welcome

Is your IVA still showing on the online insolvency register ?
Did you actually receive your completion certificate ?

Regards
Andam Davies

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:17 am
On the one hand I totally agree with you about PPI - on the other it is a contentious area for IP's and I have a slither of sympathy for them (but only a slither because much of this is of their own making).

I would say sign and let them waste their time and money.

Your major problem based on other recent posts is the length of time that they are taking to issue CC's and if this is impacting on work then that is morfe important.

The main message that DFD are giving out is that when it came to closure they really did not plan for people ever leaving.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Evette Everest

Post by Evette Everest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:10 pm
Dear Marie.p,
Please contact me directly via the email address in my profile. This will allow me to discuss your issue in further depth.
Regards
Debt Free Direct
Forum Customer Support

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:53 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope you get in contact with Evette and she is able to help you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:57 pm
Good luck - hope she gets back to you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:21 pm
Hi

On the subject of PPI we have has some posters who have been sure that they never had PPI only to find out that they have and have been refunded thousands, hence the need for the IP to explore this avenue.

My view is that the PPI claims should go ahead but not at the expense of delaying a persons completion certificate

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Andy Davie

Hi

On the subject of PPI we have has some posters who have been sure that they never had PPI only to find out that they have and have been refunded thousands, hence the need for the IP to explore this avenue.

My view is that the PPI claims should go ahead but not at the expense of delaying a persons completion certificate

Regards
I am one of those posters -- they found over £8,000 "hidden" in a rolled over balance (actually rolled over twice ). In the current loan paperwork there was no mention of PPI, as the premium had just been rolled into the settlement figure for the last loan.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:54 pm
Frustrating as it is I would let them investigate for ppi and this in turn will hopefully release your certificate of completion etc.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”