Annual Review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:41 pm
Hi There

I have had an IVA with my husband since September 2014 and have just received the email requesting my first annual review.

The I&E details income and expenditure provided last year when we setup the IVA and we have to state what they are now which is fine. I just want to check though what I put down for the allowances I don't actually use i.e.Medicines and prescriptions, pet food and insurance do I just put the amount they have stated on the form as I told the IVA company last year I didn't use these and they said I am still entitled so could use this allowance elsewhere. Also the food and toiletries is £526 per month but sometimes I don't use all that but do I still put down £526. Also there are some allowances that are not high enough such as the sky allowance is only £26 but we pay £50 sky a month. Do I state £50 or just put £26 as that is the maximum allowed for that expenditure?

Any advice greatly appreciated

Many thanks

sosilly

Thenameisnomax

Post by Thenameisnomax » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:55 pm
I think there are limits to certain things (like sky) so what you lose out in one they may be trying to help you out with others to keep it balanced and realistic for you to achieve.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:57 pm
The maximum they will allow for Sky is the basic package, whereas most users pay more, so your IP has used the "unused" allowances to make this up. Not strictly above board, but the end result is what you actually pay out. As for underspending on housekeeping --- there will be months ( Christmas, Birthdays etc.) where you will overspend -- again this will average out.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:59 pm
Thanks guys so in the new expenditure box should I put £26 for sky or change it to £50 and the allowances I don't use at the moment just state the amount they have stated.

sosilly

Thenameisnomax

Post by Thenameisnomax » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:10 pm
I would put in what you actually spend and leave the others. The IP will then sort it out for you and then let you know if your payments will go up or down.

susieq73

Post by susieq73 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 pm
I always leave mine as is and just increase my gas / electric / rent if needed. Send them the paperwork if it's increased, well mine ask for it. But everything else i leave the same ie dental / tobacco etc
Susie
x

IVA Accepted 31st March 2011.
IVA Ends 31st March 2016.

sosilly

Post by sosilly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:23 pm
Many thanks

sosilly x

SUC

Post by SUC » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:56 am
My 1st review was sent back over 2 weeks ago and initially was with PJG and now with Creditfix. Their Income and Expenditure form was different so I found it hard to break everything down exactly some things where up and some where down however the end result was the same if not slightly less but will absorb this. My only concern is that the IP will want everything wax act to the last penny and reasons why some expenditure has gone up by a few pounds over the year. I am no accountant and never do I realistically have the time to sit down and thoroughly analyse everything. Fingers crossed and suppose it is all to do how realistic and understanding your IP is

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 am
Unless I had any major change and the end figures were OK I left my expenditure as it was initially agreed.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:22 am
While the allowance for Sky is £26 some clients use their allowances for sports/hobbies to fund the extra items. By all means increase thoise items which have increased as the IP does have a bit more discretion at review time but ultimately affordability is the most important thing. How you spend your allowances is your concern and unless there has been a substantial increase in income the likelihood is that the review will lead to no changes.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”