Good morning, just a query if you could help that would be great

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1

Amy.85

Post by Amy.85 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:15 am
Good morning, just a query if you could help that would be great. I've been running away from debts for a long time hoping they would become statue barred. This should have been the year they all became statue barred. So I looked at my credit report for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately a debt for a little under £3000 has been granted a ccj. I also have two smaller debts with the same company of £320 approx and £800 approx. These debts were originally with Lloyds but have been brought by Lowell a debt collection company. I am also in default with capital one £500, but am paying a pound a month on this account, I also have a debt of £3700 approx with natwest, also paying a pound a month, agreed payment plans until my circumstances change as I am on benefits and have have a baby under 3 years old. My question is I want to contact Lowell and arrange a payment plan, but I was wondering is there a way to combine all of these debts and pay them off? If you could get back to me via email this would be appreciated.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 am
Hi and welcome.

You could consider an IVA or a debt management plan but you really need to speak to an expert company.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 am
If your debts are less than £15,000 [soon to be £20,000] and you are in receipt of benefits then a debt relief order may be the best option for you. As Kallis 3 says get some free advice and hopefully get this sorted out once and for all.

The statute barred thing does not apply if creditors have been trying to contact you but you 'ducked' them so all your debts may still be collectable.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:38 pm
A DRO might be the way forward -- I would suggest you pop into your local CAB for some specific advice.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Amy.85

Post by Amy.85 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:17 pm
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply! Good advice, I'm gonna stop running! Will print off my credit report and a budget summary and make a visit to the citizens advice bureau and take it from there. Thanks everyone, would be so nice to be debt free! And it will be #128536;

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:20 pm
Let us know how you get on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:27 pm
Best of luck Amy -- then you can carry on without having to keep worrying about the debt.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”