This is my first post. Does anyone have any advice for me ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

anewstart

Post by anewstart » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:40 pm
hello

thank you for taking the time to read this.
this is my first post but have been reading the forum for over one year. i have opted for an iva after many months of worrying..
i have chosen payplan and have my propsal call tomorrow. i am very nervous already.
on my initial call with there iva partnership i was told as i dont claim any child support for my daughter this many affect my case? i am very worried about this,
does anyone have any advice for me?

thank you

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:52 am
I would advise that you get two or three opinions before deciding which iva provider to go with. Taking your time now to decide who will reap rewards in the long run. You have to be confident and comfortable with who you choose and if not the next five years could be hard.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:35 am
I can only echo the above advice. You need to find a company that will look at you as an individual and one where you can chat to the actual IP if things get sticky.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 am
Additionally I am assuming there are reasons why child support is not asked for from the absent parent.

Linking your iva to one income stream and its possibility of succeeding is always a bad sign.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

anewstart

Post by anewstart » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 am
Thank you all for your replies.

I have spoken with two other providers over the last 18 months and opted for payplan.
He didnt say it was a defiant problem he just said some creditors may ask why. If needed I would explain my situation further to payplan.
My offer is over 65p to the pound- are iva's on a single income less likely to be approved then? Ive beenin my current employment for 10 years.
Thanks [:(]

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:33 am
Whether you are on a single income is not really a problem.

Be careful going forward - Payplan use whole household income so a new partner, kids as they start earning may be expected to contribute.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

anewstart

Post by anewstart » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:42 am
Thank you

My little one is only 4 so shes got a few more years before her work life begins!
So if I have a new partner and they move in they wud be expected to pay in also?
My call is at 11am so ill post how I get on.
Thanks for your time

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:48 am
Its been a long time since ours were that age - grandkids is the next step.

Payplan do expect partners to pay if they move in unlike some other companies that only expect a fair share and/or 50/50 to household bills.

It's worth asking them to be be clear.

ordinarygirl123

Post by ordinarygirl123 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:30 pm
I can only but echo all that has been said by others. Whilst each persons case is specific, I really would recommend speaking to a few IP firms. I spoke with PayPal myself initially but found their approach to not necessarily be to my benefit or for my best interests. I can only honestly say that I am so glad that I opted with McCambridge Duffy. Superb firm to guide you through a very difficult time.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”