Credit file question please help

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Kittydee99

Post by Kittydee99 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:40 pm
Hi all,

I just checked out my credit file (last payment made today on iva so going to check in and out of it over next year or so) and when I look at individual lenders it shows as defaulted but also shows no payments of the total - if my iva company are paying them, should there not be payments?

Tia for any advice

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:40 pm
Hi,

Your creditors will not yet have received the final dividend and they will not update any ongoing payments throughout the IVA.

Don't forget that unless your IVA was a six year one, it will remain current on your file until that time.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm
Many creditors do not update the reported account balances at all during the IVA, indeed, many don't even bother after. Many take the IVA payments in against a dummy account set up for that purpose as, as far as they are concerned, the defaulted account is closed. It matters not, from a CRA file point of view, as the whole shebang will disappear 6 years from the default date anyway.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”