Help with my I've review please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Mitman2501

Post by Mitman2501 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 pm
I’ve been in a iva with Knightsbridge for around 2 years now

I’ve had a change of job for the last year but working mile's From work I’ve had a few problems with them in the past in regards to asking them for a brake in payments because of a car repairs and them still taking the money of my account.

Now I’ve had my 1st review and because my earning’s are now more my payments have gone up! From £120 to £280 a month I had a letter sent from them this morning so a little worried.

I did a brake down of my cost for them But apart from rent, fuel cost is the main issue because I work 80miles from home! I sent all this off to them when And a income form to so my out goings. I can’t afford to pay the extra money and now I can’t call them as it’s the week end so I have to worry about this all week end.

My Qs is can I refuse to pay £280 a month I just about managed the £120 which was agreed last year.

I believe they haven’t taken in
account my fuel cost but to be honest they are never nice on the phone when I have a problem.

Also they are asking me to pay £450 because my 3 wage slips I sent show I earned £4289 but my allowance is £3432

Can some one please help me

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:09 am
Hi and welcome

You should make sure that your income and expenditure figures are correct, with any extra expenditure such as petrol listed. The difference between your income and expenditure will form your new monthly payment, however some IVAs allow you to keep 50% of any increase in disposable income

If you have earned extra then usually you will have to pay 50% of this into your IVA, however if you have had extra travel costs then this should be deducted from any extra

Don't be afraid to contact your IVA company and discuss all your concerns, they have a duty of care to explain everything to you clearly and fairly

Regards
Andam Davies

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:20 am
Hi Mitman,

Hopefully you can get this sorted tomorrow morning.

I have deleted your other thread as it is a duplicate of this one.

Let us know how you get on
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:09 am
this forum is fab I wish when I was in my iva that I had seen it on my computer much sooner as it gives u much needed support and fab advice. For me it would have helped as during my iva with DFD there was none AS THEY DIDNT ANSWER THE PHONE AS THEY DO NOW . DURING MY IVA I PAID nearly half my salary every month which was £338 a month YES I DID LIVE WITH MY PARENTS but during that time I had a car accident which I found out had left me with epilepsy but not diagnosed ntil 2010 so unable to drive my dad had to take me to work my mum was diagnosed with cancer and when she died I was still living at home and my 78 year old dad and I had to work to a very tight budget which got woisre when I was off work due to the epilsey and and not able to work and pay did get reduced to half. and I was not able to calim for the epilepsy being caused by the accident . in short my life was a mess . I wish that I had gone to a more caring company and looking at the posts now im glad im not with them now . I know the mess was mine financially but those 5 years were hell and non existent support and it was pay up and no where to turn. so to all u out there when you need support use this forum and take their advice as ive said I wish id known about this place I would not have felt so alone and isolated and depressed as well

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:15 am
ps before anyone asks when I did my annual review it did show reduced salary for 3mths but there was no reduction in my payments but then I didn't know any different as there was no one to ask if they would be reduced which comes down to lack of info from dfd should you have issues.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:27 am
You have had an awful time of it and I'm sorry to hear about your mum.

So glad you have come out the other side and I'm sure you are a stronger person now.

I hope your epilepsy is sorted now and under control.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Mitman2501

Post by Mitman2501 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:14 am
Thank you, having looking at the expenditure form I declared £350 a month as I currently do 85miles a day to travel to work , but it looks like the IVA company have changed this to £45 a month I think that's where there getting the fact that have more expendable income now, can I challenge this as obviously I use more fuel than that?

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:25 am
Challenge it - £45 is barely a full tank and would last less than a week.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

dawn20

Post by dawn20 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:08 am
thx kallis yes im stronger epilepsy now under control on medication and have been back driving 4 years now cant thx my dad enough he was my rock after mum died and it was his support that helped me . you guys do a fab job on here keep doing it your the much needed lifelines to people who just want to have questions answered in a caring and straight forward way which should be coming from the iva companies in the first place . I think they forget we are human and only see the money owed not the person

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:40 am
So pleased for you Dawn.
Bob Marley.

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:13 am
dont forget your personal mileage when calculating your fuel useage.
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”