Does anyone have the number for a band?

7 posts Page 1 of 1

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:22 am
I have just received the best email ever:
"Good Morning John,

Thank you for your email.

I am pleased to confirm that your case officially completed on the 23rd of July 2015. We have now sent your case for printing and you should receive your documents within ten to fourteen working days. A copy will also be issued to your creditors, The Court and The Insolvency Service. It will be up to these individual parties to update their own records."

Thank you GT. My poorly maintained credit ridden past is now finally and officially behind me. I think I will go and have a little cry of joy and then pop to the shop for a rump steak to celebrate. 5 years where I was made, taught and educated myself in how to budget, how to manage and look tall when "the Jones'" were buying all sorts, knowing that they too are going to come to a point where they realise they can't afford it.
To anyone starting this IVA journey, please take heed in knowing that it is worth it, it does all fall into a place where you feel comfortable, not poor, but not broke, just managing with the bare minimum. Then the realisation that it isn't really that hard, the reward after 5/6 years is immense. There is still the hurdle of all my defaults falling off the CRA websites in Dec, but compared to getting the Completion Certificate it is a small worry that it goes smoothly.
Can you tell I am so happy [:D]
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:32 am
Excellent news Merlin - well done for completing and hope that letter comes soon!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:51 pm
Well done Merlin :-)

Yes, it is amazing when you realise how little you really NEED to live on. Little Foggy thinks we are rich because I manage to pay for everything we NEED and have a modest savings pot .... indeed .... maybe he is right :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:05 pm
Fab news so pleased for you. It's certainly a learning curve I agree.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:30 pm
Great news ...go celebrate!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:44 pm
Congrats Merlin!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:07 pm
Well done! Completion feels like it is further away than ever[:(], Enjoy your freedom[:)]
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”