What are the implications for my wife regarding remortgage in year 5 and joint Nram mortgage ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Tim24752

Post by Tim24752 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:59 pm
Two questions really,

two years in an IVA and i am all ready worrying about year 5 re-mortgage, i will have equity on the house but its my wife's really due to her side of the family inheritance, I don't want her to lose any money. I want to pay the extra 12 months payments. so my question is What are the odds on getting a re-mortgage?

2nd question, our Mortgage is with Nram we have never missed a payment so are not behind with them at all. however they are down as one of my creditors but they were not in the chairman's report. it is only me that has the IVA and apart from the Mortgage that is the only financial connection my wife and i have.

what if any implications could this have?
thanks

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:36 pm
Hi

Do you have anything drawn up by a solicitor regarding the equity split on the home ?

Do you have a Northern Rock Together mortgage with an unsecured element to the mortgage ?

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:38 pm
As things currently stand a remortgage will not happen --- they did in the past, and might do again in the future ( whether this will be in the next few years is anyone's guess).

Regardless of who funded what, unless you catered for an uneven division of proceeds the view will be taken that the equity is split 50/50, in the unlikely event that it comes to that.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Tim24752

Post by Tim24752 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:18 pm
Thank you Foggy,

Andy, no nothing drawn up, should have been clearer in original post, its only the unsecured part of the mortgage about 10K worth not the whole amount.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”