Clearscore.com

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:45 am
Just signed up to this after seeing the ads on TV. It's free and seems to be quite good - you get your credit score and credit report and the best thing is, unlike Experian and Equifax, you don't need to input any debit card details.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:52 am
How does it compare with the CRA's records and who is behind it ? If not one of the CRA's are Clearscore running credit checks through all three agencies (to which you must have agreed in the small print, maybe) and simply collating them ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 am
Not too sure where the data is coming from but their we site makes it clear that data obtained will support third party marketing activities.

They are upfront and the web site is really clear.

Seem like "big data" people - the value isn't the individual level data but what the aggregated data can give them.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:07 am
The last thing I need is more funeral plans (useful for all of my Nigerian Uncle Millionaires though).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:17 am
Any marketing emails are just blocked by me - not had anything so far.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:23 am
It is all consent based - at the end of the day if this is "free" they need to make their money somehow.

Plan english, large print and easy to read T&c's is a good start plus they identify ICO registration number etc.

I get the russian brides, ppi and people wanting to read my fortune.

I also wish the visa card ones would stop coming through!
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 am
I don't use my 'normal' email address just one set up especially for this sort of thing.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:00 am
I signed up a couple of weeks back and all ok within email at present.

As others say was clear to read.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”