Credit Reports

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

JustPlainStupid

Post by JustPlainStupid » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:20 am
Morning all

Well, my IVA was approved so I'm now on my way!

One question I have is about my credit report. I subscribe to creditexpert.co.uk but I'm wondering how accurate this actually is.

I haven't paid my credit cards since about January and have one CCJ. Nothing shows on my credit report and according to Experian I have a credit score of 990.

I'm also wondering how long it will take for my IVA to show up on there.

Regards
JPS

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 am
Hi,

It will all depend upon when the IP notifies them - have you checked to see if you're on the Insolvency Register yet?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:36 am
Forgot to say - well done on being approved!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:48 am
It wont take long to be trashed - then I would suggest forget out it until you start finishing your IVA.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:57 am
Congratulations on starting the road.

Defaults will start appearing soon as the IVA is generally accepted as the signal of the breakdown in the credit agreement.

These various credit rating applications people subscribe to are a guide at best as most draw their data from one of the three agencies, who each hold different data, according to which creditors use them. To get a complete picture, as you will want to at the end of your IVA, you need reports from each individual agency: Experian, Equifax and CallCredit.

The credit score itself is actually meaningless and the lenders don't see this when they do a credit check but base what they lend and to whom on the credit history itself.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:35 pm
Good luck on your IVA journey JPS [8D]. As already said, forget about the CRA entries until your IVA is done and dusted. It will only lead you to worry over something you have no control over.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”