Grant Thornton now called Apeture

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:07 pm
Another very long 2 hours wasted trying to get some sense out of Grant Thornton now known as Apeture.
Believe me a change of name does not make them any brighter !
After paying all creditors 100pp with last payment made in June 2014.I decided to chase any PPI refund, I have successfully had a fair amount paid back to me with the exception of Capitol One to the sum of £1152.81 which Capitol One agreed was the refund amount which to date I have not received.
I have just spent over an hour on the phone to Capitol One to find out why this has not been sent out to me, surprise Surprise they claim they offset £831.52 and sent a cheque to GT in January 2015 for the remainder £321.29.
I spoke to GT who claim they have never received such a cheque and blatantly deny having any correspondence from Capitol One, back on the phone to Capitol One to be given the cheque number and the fact that it was cashed on 2 Feb 2015 in the name of Gareth W Neill at GT, just for the record Capitol One claim that GT have fraudulently cashed this cheque as they had no right to and should have returned it to Capitol One to be passed on to myself.
Back on the phone to GT to ask why I was told no such cheque had been received when it has and trying to explain that GT now owe me £1152.81 I spoke to a girl called Claire Curry (when I could get a word in) who was very arrogant and just did not understand neither could she work out how GT owe me this amount.
I asked to speak directly to Gareth W Neill and was point blank refused as he does not take phone calls "He can take your money but not your calls" I then asked to speak to a manager and was again point blank refused saying there are no managers available and my account / IVA is now closed my CC is in the post and I would not be receiving any refund of any kind from GT.
Banging your head against the wall springs to mind!
Where do I go from here ?
Again it seems GT can bully you even after you have done what is required and paid back 100% - See more at: http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... HGKTA.dpuf

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:34 pm
http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72618

I've locked the above topic so all replies can be on this one to avoid any confusion.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:35 pm
*copied my reply over from above locked link.

would personally put everything in writing and send it recorded delivery for the attention of Gareth. Giving them a specific time span to reply. Failing a reply I would look at reclaiming the money another way on the advice of a professional.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:44 pm
Thank you lesley, I did post on the wrong one and copied it across. Please accept my apologies.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:40 pm
I would lodge a formal complaint with GT -- or whoever they like to call themselves ... that would be a complaint against the company. This can be followed up with a complaint to their regulators via the Government Gateway, which is a complaint against the IP himself.

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 pm
Having read their blurb would suggest better name would be maze runner.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:14 pm
Thank you Foggy for the link I will certainly do that.
Let you know the outcome

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:26 pm
jeffw - no need for an apology, easily sorted.

Be good to know the outcome and a good link supplied by Foggy.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:33 am
so instead of a grant Thornton complaints procedure sticky post we now need an aparature TAFKA GT sticky post !! lol

this thread had a lot of discussion about their complaints procedure, one person tried it and got results quite quickly, end of phone and call Centre operators by all account are crap, maybe try the method in this post.

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... hichpage=2

I would just write straight to the head of quality and risk management myself.
Last edited by longslog101 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”