Will CCJ come off once IVA is finished ? Also, could I settle a little earlier ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

Jo.22

Post by Jo.22 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:59 pm
Hi
I finish my iva in November this year ( hoorah). My daughters father left us in serious debt and with a ccj . The ccj is still on my file however the company that tried to set it against me are incorporated into my iva and therefore bound by the terms and conditions I've been told. Will this ccj come off once the iva is done? Also, could I settle a little earlier? Currently I pay 328/month? Kind regards

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:10 pm
The ccj should come off the files six years from it's date.

You can settle the IVA earlier than planned by making a full and final offer from third party funds (gift from friends or family usually). The amount to offer would be based upon the number of payments you have left (plus 12 if you are a home owner and likely to have equity to be addressed).

Do not ask your IP for a "settlement figure" -- that would be the amount to pay off the full original debt, plus fees and statutory interest.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”