getting a mortgage really achievable?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:49 pm
Hi

Is getting a remortgage really achievable after an IVA?

It seems to me that even if it is you need to have a ridiculous deposit and the rates are well above the norm?

Can anyone share any positive stories about achieving a remortgage?

I feel really low today and just feel like we will never move on with our lives due to past mistakes and that an IVA is a life sentence and we have no hope. [V]
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

recovering

Post by recovering » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:30 pm
There have been loads of people who have been able to get a mortgage after IVA Not easy I assume but doable! don't be blue! you have completed[:)]

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:42 pm
You're not alone with those concerns Christabelle.

We ended our iva 4 months ago, and completed it 2 yrs 10 mths early, so got a while yet before the defaults drop off, but after being on interest only has hampered our equity being accrued, so now making over payments on the mortgage to get some!

Best thing is to save as much as you can for a deposit I think.
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:43 pm
Speak to Shaun or Ryan via the expert link - they may be able to help you sort out a mortgage.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:26 pm
Thanks Kallis but from what I have read on the Web I have lost hope. Our future is ruined!...being in an IVA has ruined my life. I will not be able to raise 20-40% deposit in the near future and if I could I ever save that kind of money my kids would be grown up by the time I did and possibly left home so I would not need to move house! I am absolutely gutted. We have needed to move for 3 years now and the hope of that happening after the IVA is what kept me going. Now what?.....
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:43 am
Everyone is different... every iva is different....every mortgage aplication is different.

Speak to Ryan or Shaun and they can advise based on your circumstances ...deposit levels vary and each application will be looked at seperately ..don't give up hope.

Ryan has personally helped us twice and I know has helped other forum members over the last few years .. not all will have had the 20-40% deposit you mention.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:59 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Christabelle_sparkle

Thanks Kallis but from what I have read on the Web I have lost hope. Our future is ruined!...being in an IVA has ruined my life. I will not be able to raise 20-40% deposit in the near future and if I could I ever save that kind of money my kids would be grown up by the time I did and possibly left home so I would not need to move house! I am absolutely gutted. We have needed to move for 3 years now and the hope of that happening after the IVA is what kept me going. Now what?.....
Hi please don't stress! Remember the IVA helped you avoid Bankruptcy and you would have potentially had worse hurdles to jump. It doesn't mean game over - Contact Ryan or Shaun for some expert advice.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:27 am
Time does heal and I have seen posts on here from IVA'ers who have gone on to get "standard" mortgages. Hang in there, I am sure it will happen.
Last edited by Foggy on Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:47 pm
Christabelle
I need to know a bit more info on you.
My contact details are below at the website or under the experts tab on the lefthand side.
Can you call me tomorrow and i will clarify things for you
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 am
Hi Ryan,
I have emailed you I think?
Many thanks
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”