Now married my husband has moved in but works away for 1 to 2 weeks at a time.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Andrea.s

Post by Andrea.s » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:44 pm
I have been in a IVA for 3 years now, we got married and he has moved in , however he works away 1 to 2 weeks at a time , I wouldn't think of taking money towards the household I come do the IVA have a right to make him pay money ? He does pay me out when he is home

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 pm
The chances are that they will assume a 50/50 split without evidence to the contrary. Otherwise they will base the split of expenses pro rata according to your relative salaries.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

lifenoteasy

Post by lifenoteasy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:47 pm
Depends on who you are with but it is reasonable that he contributes to household bills so you should expect your payment to increase.
IVA started March 2011, Completed March 2016 and certificate issued 11 days after final payment. It was not always easy but then some of the best decisions aren't.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:17 am
If he is contributing towards the household costs there may well be an increase but remember to increase the costs of him being there. If he does not pay anything and is effectively self sufficient it may not really be an issue anyway.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”