Looking to get a mortgage in January when 6 years of bad credit finishes.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1

Emmadj4

Post by Emmadj4 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:58 pm
Iva completed in December 2014. Completion certificate received June 2015. Since we have been in the iva we have had a current account with Natwest. looking to get a mortgage in January 2016 once the six years of bad credit finished. Asked natwest about a mortgage and told their policy is not to offer a mortgage until six years after iva completion..... So basically 12 years in all.... Iva firms don't tell you this when you apply for an iva!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Hi and welcome.

NatWest are well known for doing this.

Speak to Shaun or Ryan who post on here (details in the expert section) as they have been instrumental in getting mortgages for posters.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 pm
This isn't a universal stance. Each lender has their own criteria and Nat West are particularly unhelpful. Other lenders are far more accommodating.
Last edited by Foggy on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:40 pm
Good luck hope you are able to find the mortgage as Kallis says Shaun and Ryan have helped a fair few people in gaining a mortgage post IVA.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:57 pm
If your credit files are clear it might be worth switching current account to another provider who isn't so an*l about lending. At least then as an established current account holder it could be viewed as positive and open possible offers to account holders only. Obvious caveat is it would/could register another search on your credit file, but it would seem being a NW current account holder may not be the best choice....especially if you're paying fees for it.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:41 am
I can personally vouch for Ryan and his team at Zebra Money .. like others have said Ryan and Shaun have access to a range of mortgage products that would suit people with oast ivas ...everyones circumstances are different so it is worthwhile chatting to them now in readiness.

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

reggy321

Post by reggy321 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:36 am
I finished my IVA sometime ago, but still spend a bit of time going through the forums to see if I can help at all. I applied for a mortgage with Nationwide and got refused, but only due to an arrangement on an overdraft I had. My broker got me a AIP with NatWest with a 5 year fixed rate at 3.15%. and happy to say I completed on my property last week. I strongly advise going with a broker and answer all questions as honestly as possible.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:44 am
I'm sure reggy321's post will be useful to those looking for a mortgage. Fab news for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:55 am
I believe at least one poster has managed to gain one through the Co-op.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:23 pm
Hi Emmadj4
There are lenders who will look to lend once the IVA is removed from your credit file, even some the very next day, so please ignore the likes of NatWest and the way they deal with people.
EVERYONE ELSE - NatWest will not offer a mortgage to anyone who has been in an IVA ever!
I am sorry to say but reggy321's broker has answered the question NO, as it does not show on the credit file so they chose to be ignore this.
Reggy321, ask for a copy of the mortgage application and I can assure you this is correct. I am happy you have your mortgage but you need to be careful using this type of broker in future.
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed? Looking at Right to Buy and completed IVA still on credit files ?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

simon1883

Post by simon1883 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:25 pm
For what it's worth, I'm with the Halifax and they are very understanding and have secured a rate of 2.84% over 4 years fixed. no real hassel other than getting the right SA302 form for my wife's income!
Last Payment on Jan 5th 2016!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”