IVA Ended

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
24 posts Page 1 of 2

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:50 pm
I have officially concluded my IVA today (31st August 2015) and at midnight last night we shed a tear as its been a long hard 5 years with lots of sadness, tears, tempers and actually some funny moments along the way but I am proud we have completed this and paid some of our debt back to the creditors. I never thought this day would come. For those just starting the journey or half way through the journey...hang in there..the end date will come...we have our IVA with StepChange and they have been fantastic...my question is are StepChange quite quick with their completion certificate? ...and any advice on building up some credit rating? Cheers all...

Boltonbwfc
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."

Officially IVA Ending 31st August 2015! We've done it :-)

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm
Firstly a huge well done, I agree it's not easy but it's certainly worth it.

Secondly here's a very helpful link

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp

Thirdly, thank you for posting that it will give others encouragement and what a wonderful post.

All the best for your debt free future x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:00 pm
Fantastic news - congratulations!

Your IVA will still be on your credit record for a further twelve months but you can check your record with all three reference agencies to make sure that there are no defaults after the date of initial IVA acceptance.

Make sure your bank account is up to date and mobile phone if you have one. Some people try and get a credit card such as Vanquis (remember to pay it off every month.

Don't know how Stepchange are - did you have any PPI that needed to be reclaimed?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:05 pm
StepChange have not asked us to apply for any PPI and I asked them the question and they said they do not ask anyone to do this...and they would not be asking me to do it...hopefully they will not ask us to do this within the 12 months that remaining in terms of the credit dropping off credit reference companies? Thanks for the link.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 pm
That's good news then and most rare these days!! Hopefully you will get that all important letter soon.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:32 pm
StepChange are, as far as I am aware, pretty good at turning around completion certificates.

Interesting that they don't pursue PPI --- as all firms follow their lead on expenses, why do they not do the same over PPI !?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:42 pm
Boltonbwfc,

Congratulations, very well done. The bit about no PPI is really interesting, so I went over to the stepchange website to read about it, what a unique company in their approach to this when you read about it in their site.

I guess its because stepchange is actually funded by creditors perhaps there is some high level agreement that in order to be funded by creditors they won't pursue the creditors for PPI as part of their process.

The site simple says if you do claim PPI while in the IVA you will need to let them know.

Anyway, a very well done to you, I will be interest to know what your final paper work says once complete with stepchange for example if you're actually free to pursue PPI using the martin Lewis guide the recommend on their site and if that money would be fully for you or they would want some.

http://moneyaware.co.uk/2012/05/can-i-r ... on-an-iva/

I considered stepchange at one point for my IVA but decided against that for fear of it being farmed out to Grant Thornton/Aperture, who I didn't want to go anywhere near them.
Last edited by longslog101 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

lilaclady2k

Post by lilaclady2k » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm
Congratulations. From me too ...sounds like you chose a good firm to be with x
life never seems to be the way we want it to be, but we live it the best we can . there is no perfect life but we can fill it with perfects moments.....

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:15 pm
Great news and well done x

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

MrsR

Post by MrsR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:16 pm
Congratulations to you !
Started IVA 27th Feb 2012 - Due to complete 27th Jan 2018 !!

Full & Final submitted and accepted 30th March 2015, paid 10th April 2015 - 3 yrs 1 month into IVA :)

Completion Certificate received- 30th April 2015!!

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:03 pm
Congrats! Enjoy your debt free future!

Christabelle_sparkle

Post by Christabelle_sparkle » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42 pm
Congratulations!!....you will be high on the feeling of being debt free for months to come.....enjoy, it's ace!
An IVA is a long hard road but valuable lessons have been learnt along the way. Now looking forward to enjoying a debt free future!

Boltonbwfc

Post by Boltonbwfc » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:24 am
Thanks all for your wonderful comments...not fully sunk in yet...ironically at midnight on the 30th Aug we made beans on toast as we did 5 years ago 30 Aug 2010 on the journey thinking of the 5 years ahead of low budget living...except this time the meal was like eating a 5 course meal :-)

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:05 am
Congratulations on making your last payment, mine was made on August 3rd and also with Stepchange.

As with yourself they have never persued the PPI issue apart from asking if I had any more than the one I told them about and paid in when I got it.

They also agreed to me purchasing a replacement car via Moneybarn a few months ago.

Just waiting for the CC arriving soon.
Good luck.

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 pm
Congratulations - enjoy a debt free future.
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk
24 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”