Has anyone successfully started a business from home ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Tanya.m

Post by Tanya.m » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 am
Hi all, Me and my fiance are in an IVA we have just under 2 yrs left, I have currently been looking for a job but due to my hours i can work im finding it hard, so i thought about my hobbies and wondered if i would be able to try and start a business, that way i can work from home and around my fiances work patterns as well as my children. we will still be able to keep our payments going, Has any one been able to successfully do it and had any problems try to do it. Thank you for reading.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:11 pm
We have many clients who have managed to operate self employed while being a full time parent. Some operate sales via social media which means flexibility of hours and basically to suit yourself. Perhaps a career in this type of field may be appropriate.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:14 pm
We used to run a home business ( as well as PAYE work) during our IVA and agreed with our IP to split the profit three ways: third for us, third for IVA and a third for HMRC, as all of our income from the business was extra.

The only problem you will have will be setting up a business account at the bank --- we got around this as our business was web based and we took payments by Paypal. If you go limited, you will need a dedicated company account.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”