Sorting things out with bank after receiving completion certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm
Hi all...well my completion certificate finally came! YAY. I paid a full and final last September and although my certificate is dated April it came a few months later..still I have it in my possession now and it is finally done! It wasn't due to end until Novemeber this year. I have just received an email from one of my old creditors saying my online statement is available to view. Obviously I stopped using this bank 5 years ago and have no idea of any passwords or anything. I think I may have had the odd similar email during my IVA but used to delete them thinking oh that's being dealt with in the IVA. My question is....should I be worried? and could they be putting stuff onto this account now the IVA is done ie charges? Do you think I should go into the local branch with my certificate and ask them to shut this account down? Will I have to do this with any of the other creditors connected to the IVA. Thanks
Issey

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:13 pm
hi, congratulations on receiving your completion certificate.

You could close the account down but if it were included in the IVA it will be bound by the terms and conditions of this and therefore no need to worry.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:11 pm
Thanks Lesley for replying. Sorry for such a late response on my behalf but my puppy chewed through my laptop wire before I had chance to read any responses and the replacement arrived 10 minutes ago. (its been a long 15 days!!) Will I have to contact each creditor to make sure each account is closed. I only have the information listed on the closure/completion notice no contact details only account numbers and amounts paid out. I think some of these debts were maybe sold on. How do I go about making sure everything is tidied up and put to bed so I can move on? Any advise would be much appreciated.
Issey

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:24 pm
Nothing to worry about but you need to check all three agencies (Equifax, Experian and Call Credit) to see what information is held on there and if any are showing a default, contact the data controllers and tell them to remove those defaults.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm
Thanks Kallis3...this may sound a very stupid question but how do I contact the data controllers are these people at each of the three companies Equifax, Experian & Call Credit? I have no idea what to do now I actually have my completion certificate, I know I am meant to check on these websites but don't really know what I am looking for exactly. :( feeling a bit silly tbh.
Issey

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:35 pm
Call Credit uses a site called Noddle which is free so you can check that one.

Experian and Equifax do a free 30 day trial (but you have to make sure and cancel it before it ends!)

You can do a report for the latter two for £2 each and they will be sent through the post.

It will show up anything that says default so check carefully.

The data controllers are for each creditor. If any are still defaulting then write to them. Just check your record first.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:37 pm
Thanks Kallis3 I will make a start on this.
Issey

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 pm
If you have any problems then post again and someone will help you.
Bob Marley.

Emma.cl

Post by Emma.cl » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:01 am
Hi I signed up for the thirty days trial with the two companies and thought it was great. I checked credit report daily for a while .I also sent them a copy of my completion certificate by email.I was already with noddle so I sent them a copy also. My credit files are now all excellent and I have just been accepted for a Barclaycard. It makes you feel great to see the clear report without the iva showing.

isseymyake

Post by isseymyake » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:09 am
Thank you Emma and congratulations on having a clear credit report!
Issey
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”